I was first introduced to MorninGloria's beaded flower jewelry when we were both vendors at a craft fair in SF. I was immediately struck by all of the color in her display - vibrant blues, rich reds, warm amber - just a gorgeous array of hues that catch the eye. Upon closer inspection, I saw that each piece was intricately beaded, hundreds of tiny glass beads strung and wired together to create MorninGloria's hair accessories, wine glass charms, earrings and necklaces.
Gloria E. Rubio-Verduzco, owner and designer of MorninGloria's, first started making her beaded artwork in 2005. "I've been excited by beads and jewelry making since I was a little girl, but when I discovered French beaded flowers, I was immediately in love!" Gloria said. " I always loved wearing flowers in my hair, so I began creating beaded flowers to wear to dance classes and special events. Immediately, I began receiving requests from friends and family to make items for them...and so began MorninGloria's."
The technique Gloria uses to create her beaded flowers and leaves was first developed in the 1500s, and remained a popular folk art form through the Victorian era. Examples of beaded flower bouquets, called Immortelles, as well as decorative brooches, earrings and pendants can be seen in private and museum collections all over the world.
We are excited to have MorninGloria's present her exquisite line of beaded accessories at our first ever Sonoma County Pop Up, at Viansa Winery, 25200 Arnold Drive, Sonoma, CA Sunday July 29 noon - 5pm.
Did you know that SF Etsy covers more than just San Francisco? We embrace makers from all over the Bay Area, including the North Bay and Wine Country. This Sun July 29th we'll be popping up at the beautiful Viansa Winery in Sonoma, California!
Come out and experience the best that wine country and SF Etsy has to offer. Welcome to your new favorite Sunday experience!
Over 20 local Etsy sellers will be showcasing wonderful art, skin care, jewelry, gifts and more in an idyllic setting. Viansa is the home to delicious wine, beautiful Instagram backdrops, a picnic area, pizza oven and on July 29th - a fun shopping experience featuring the SF Etsy Team.
The SF Etsy shopping will be located inside the winery event's AIR CONDITIONED space - grab a glass and shop local!
Join us! 12pm - 5pm - just a quick drive from SF and other Bay Area spots. Find more information at our Facebook page
Featured vendors* include:
*vendors subject to change
Lone Pine Art
Love A Bee LLC
Sparkle & Wine Studio
Two Rabbits Art
S for Sparkle
Waffles & Honey Jewelry
Light of Day Jewelry
Fleurette Sevin Recycled Glass
Jewel Box Terrariums
Beth Gabow Pottery
Petit Papillon Art
MAC Cutting Boards
The Weekend Store
Thank you to everyone who joined us July 1! We will be back again Sun Aug.5, 11am - 3pm on Fulton Street at Larkin.
This FREE family-friendly event will feature recreational activities for all ages, a selection of bar and street food offerings curated by Off the Grid, music and promotional appearances by Bonneville San Francisco KMVQ 99.7 FM, an open-air bazaar with one-of-a-kind goods created by local artisans from SF Etsy: San Francisco Bay Area Etsy Team, and DIY arts and crafts activities.
August 5th event highlights include street soccer, where everyone can play and compete for prizes; a Make-Your-Own-Slime booth; a book sale booth by the Friends of the San Francisco Public Library; and a chance to play your friends in family in a game of giant scrabble, brought to you by 826 Valencia! Find more information at our Facebook event page
Come out and shop in the SF Etsy Open Air Marketplace.
August's featured vendors are:
- Messy Playkits: DIY slime and other fun activities for kids and kids at heart
- Shiny Notions: Handcrafted and Handmade Jewelry
- Woop Woop Fine Foods: - Flavor-forward, attractively packaged gluten-free treats that appeal to a wide variety of humans
- MorninGlorias: Intricate beaded flowers and other seed bead jewelry, hair pieces, decor items - mostly made from beadwork wire wrap technique from the Victorian Era
- CanDid Art: Handmade Jewelry & Body Chains influenced by African visual culture and cosmic geometry using metal and natural stones
- Life Adventure Cards: Classy and Sassy Cards for all occasions
- LicensePL8art: Home Decor for the California Lover in all of us
- Lacson Ravello: Women's fashion that is designed, patterned, cut, and sewn in the SF Bay Area
- Somnia City: Original designs showcased on a variety of products such as t-shirts, ties, enamel pins, scratchboard art prints, robot light switch covers and other hand-painted housewares
- Weird Vanity: Custom pet portraits, glass paintings, wood paintings, watercolor bookmarks, handmade greeting and post cards
- Woo Garden: We focus on crafting original, innovative delicious jams that change minds and win hearts
- Slow Moon Rise: Hand-printed, nature-inspired, graphical apparel
- Kindred Caramels: Caramels that are "dangerously delicious" in classic and unique flavors
- SoujanyaARao: Original acrylic canvas paintings as well as art prints. Inspired by the nature, love, books, Indian culture and all the beautiful things around creating Modern, Abstract, Pop Art, Indian art, Nursery art and more
- Starblast Co.: Zero Waste Bath & Body (soaps, whipped body butters, facial oils, toners)
- S for Sparkle: Handmade dainty jewelry inspired by the world
- Dirt Alley Designs: Hand screen-printed maze map art in which has transformed street grids into solvable puzzle mazes
- Decadent Minis: Scented Food Jewelry, Dollhouse Miniatures & More
Welcome to SF Etsy
We're a collective of over 2200 Etsy sellers in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Just Added on Pinterest