This weeks Friday Feature is for two stores. Devika's Art and The Indigo Paisley. Both stores are owned by Devika Keskar. Devika is an architect by profession and a full time artist now.
1. What is your Shop Name and URL ?
Devika's art and The indigo paisley
2. To which Etsy Teams do you belong?
1. SF Etsy
2. Etsians on Facebook
3. Please tell us about the items in your Etsy shop. What do you make? How did you learn your craft? What is involved in your creative process?
I started out with painting seriously about 10 years back but being an architect and interior designer I've always dabbled in sketching and painting. In addition to fine art I've now expanded and diversified to making hand made tile coasters with my artwork on them.
In my second shop The Indigo Paisley, I have tote bags, tea towels, journals and cards all with my artwork on them. New for this holiday season are hand painted ceramic travel cups and hand painted glass water bottles.
4. Tell us two (or more) other interesting things about you.
I'm an architect turned full time artist and full time mother of two teenagers. I live in San Jose with my husband and girls and love to travel, watch cooking shows and HGTV. On the top of my favorite things list is also hanging out with friends and spicy food :)
5. Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations?
6. What inspires your creations?
My creations are almost always inspired by nature in all its glory. Being Indian by origin India's colors and fabrics, festivals, culture and food also are a huge source of inspiration.
7. What is your biggest challenge related to your Etsy shop?
Being found on Etsy is my toughest challenge. I'm quite familiar with Facebook and decently active on it but only just trying to get the hang of twitter, Instagram etc:)
8. What is your favorite item in your shop (currently for sale or previously sold)?
The peacock feather travel cup :)
9. What crafting skill(s) do you wish you had or hope to learn someday?
I would love to learn the art and technique of block printing one day. There is something very rustic and earthy about block print on fabric or even paper.
10. If you had a gift certificate to Etsy for any one item you wanted, what would you buy?
This gorgeous coffee table since I live in the lovely state of CA and it is just so lovely:)
11. What's next for you?
I'm currently working on the 2016 calendar and getting ready for a bunch of shows starting with a pop-up shop at Whole Foods market on November 7th. I'm so excited to once again be part of the SF Etsy Indie Holiday show at the end of November!
Welcome to SF Etsy
We're a collective of over 2000 Etsy sellers in the San Francisco Bay Area. Like the San Francisco Bay Area in which it is located, SF Etsy is a vibrant and diverse community, full of creativity. We strive to support and promote local Etsy sellers by sharing expertise and advice, hosting local shows and events, and providing a valuable network of local talent and resources.